GLOBE Science & Environment Olympiad is an initiative taken by Indian Environmental Society whose goal is to promote STEM education (science, technology, engineering and math). The Olympiad is designed to encourage students to explore, discover, and learn more about STEM education. The main aim of GLOBE Science & Environment Olympiad is to promote a career in STEM and to help all students reach higher level of achievement in “STEM education” and “STEM jobs”. It provides a great opportunity to compare educational methods and exchange experiences at international levels.
Aim & Mission
The aim of the GLOBE SCIENCE & ENVIRONMENT OLYMPIAD is to promote a scientific attitude to the students and to focus on the importance of science in our current society. GLOBE SCIENCE & ENVIRONMENT OLYMPIAD provides a great opportunity to compare educational methods and exchange experiences; which can further be utilized to improve education at national level.
The key to having a large, exclusive scientific talent pool for the future is seeking out, identifying young geniuses and providing them with a unique competitive platform where they can prove themselves. To further support the cause GSEO endeavours to :
- Provide students a chance of getting exposed to the stiff competition that lies ahead in their Career.
- Encourage students participation in national/ international science competitions/ programmes.
- Disseminate knowledge and information on the latest developments in science and technology.
- Students will get opportunity to interact with other GLOBE Students and Scientists from other countries.
- Students will have opportunity to develop their skills in Science and Environmental Science.
- Infuse a healthy competitive spirit through reward based contest.
Prize & Awards
- 1st Olympiad rank holder up to 12th class shall be awarded with a Tablet along with Gold medal at all India basis.
- 2nd Olympiad rank holder up to 12th class shall be awarded with a Kindle Paper white along with Silver medal at all India basis.
- 3rd Olympiad rank holder up to 12th class shall be awarded with a Smart Phone along with bronze medal at all India basis.
- Consolation Prize holder up to 12th class shall be awarded with a Wrist watch at all India basis.
- All the qualifying participants shall be awarded with the participation Certificates reflecting their Olympiad Grades.
Registration of Students : : The Olympiad is open to the students from classes VI to XII. Interested School / Student can send their entries in prescribed pro-forma. Information booklet along with registration forms will be posted to the schools across India.
Roll Numbers/ Admit Cards : : Admit cards along with Students details & Roll no’s shall be sent to the school coordinator 15 days prior to commencement of Examination. Society will register your school and the students and dispatch question papers and guidelines for conducting the examination. Principals / teachers may please note, that any school can be registered as a centre for GSEO. No fee is required from the institution to become a registered examination centre. Minimum of 30 students need to be registered from each school for feasibility reasons.
Guidelines & Important Dates
OLYMPIAD – ELIGIBILITY
The examination will be conducted for classes from 6thto 12th.
Amount of Rs. 120/- per participant shall be collectedby the school. The School shall retain Rs 20/- perparticipant as its expenses towards honorarium to theinvigilator(s) and other expenses. The cost ofpreparatory book is Rs. 50/- per book.
REGISTRATION & EXAM DATE
Registration of GSEO-2019 will start from 1st July 2021The last date of registration is 30th October 2021.GSEO – 2021 Exam will be held on 26th November2021.
It will provide a great opportunity to compare educational methods & experiences, to promote a career in science & environment. Disseminate knowledge & information on latest development, and to develop their skills in science & environmental science. Students will also get opportunity to interact with other GLOBE students from other countries.
Students of classes VIth to XIIth are eligible for the GSEO. For more information, contact your School Coordinator. Or follow the link below.
All the relevant information regarding GSEO exam is sent to the schools pan India.
Click the link below to submit your query. Let us know the complete address of your school. We will send detailed information and registration forms to your School so that your Principal / Coordinator can register your names for the exam.
The syllabus of the GSEO as per CBSE /ICSE Science & environmental Science Syllabus.
There are no special book as such. Moreover you can have a GSEO Prepatory book before examination. The cost of the book is Rs. 50/-.
yes you can, simply download individual participation form from our website fill it & post it back to us along with examination fee. For Individual participants examination center will be our head office only.