“You don’t write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
StoryMirror, in association with Club Mahindra, presents the 3rd season of India’s biggest Writing Competition for school students and teachers – ‘StoryMirror Schools Writing Competition (SSWC)’.
Be it a student’s imagination centering the struggles of the ant climbing the wall or a teacher’s desire to weave a story that captures various values and learnings – StoryMirror believes that, flipping through the pages of their mind, everyone has something to write about. So start writing, no matter what!!!
SSWC aims at harnessing the potential of the imagination of the students and teachers to create a world of words which can inspire & motivate others or evoke their emotions.
We would like all school students and teachers to share their world of imagination and have a liberating experience!
- Class 3 to 7
- Class 8 to 12
- Audio Story and Poem
English, Hindi, Gujarati, Marathi, Odia, Bengali, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam
There are no specific themes or topics to write on. However, if you are not sure of what to write about, you can refer to the themes given by us and win special prizes.
We travel for adventure, for trade, for sightseeing, for pilgrimage or for exploring unknown lands. We see new places, meet new people, indulge in new activities. Each experience transforms us. Travelling isn’t merely about visiting an unfamiliar region; it is also about imbibing the true essence of the place.
Every travel tale has something special. And we invite you to share yours with us.
Write on any of the given themes and the best entry on the given theme under each participant category will win a 2N/3D holiday trip from Club Mahindra.
Note: Use #TravelDiaries in the tags section of your content.
Suggested themes for story/poem :
- Your imaginary holiday on another planet
- A place you visited that impressed you the most
- You and your family plan for eco-friendly travel and how you can become more responsible tourists?
- Any lessons you have learnt on any of your trips.
- Your perfect dream vacation (where would you go, what will you do, eat, play… )
- Your first travel experience without parents.
- If time travel were possible, where would you want to go – which era and to meet whom?
- The most unexpected or interesting incident you experienced during one of your travels.
- Contest Period – 20th July, 2021 to 15th October, 2021
- Second round for SM Literature Masters Award will be announced later through email
- Voting Period – 1st November, 2021 to 30th November, 2021
- Results – 20th January, 2022
SWC – Season 3 has multiple prizes on offer for each and every participant. The more you write, the more you win !!
Type of Awards:
There are two main categories of prizes. Click on them to know more about the rewards.
Literature Masters Award
- This award will be presented to those writers, who are exceptionally good in crafting their thoughts. Apart from the winner medals & trophies, the Literature Masters will get various paid assignments from StoryMirror for writing / editing. Click here to know more
Literature Premier League
- This league gives a chance to win a 2N/3D holiday trip in Club Mahindra resorts worth Rs. 20,000/-.
The winners get to take their family on dream vacay at a Club Mahindra resort. With 70+ resorts in India and 2k+ experiences, your vacay will be nothing short of magical.
There are many participation prizes up for grab, which will be mailed once your content is published
- Rs.100 voucher from StoryMirror to buy books – Use this voucher to choose from 2,000+ E-books and 500+ physical books in 10+ languages from India’s biggest literature platform.
- Multiple vouchers from https://www.grabon.in/ – Redeem these multiple coupons to avail discounts up to Rs. 5000 on your favourite products on online shopping sites. The validity of the vouchers is October, 2021.
- E-certificate of Participation.
- Discount voucher from Humming Bird ( https://olympiads.co.in/index/studentregistration ) – Use the voucher STORYMIRROR99 to get any Olympiad at just Rs.99/-. The coupon code is valid till December, 21.
A chance to get published on StoryMirror:
Top 50 stories & poems in each language and participant category will be published as e-book.
- One Participant with the highest number of votes will win a 2N/3D holiday trip by Club Mahindra. (Total Prizes : 1)
- Participants who submit the highest number of content in story and poem category respectively will win a 2N/3D holiday trip by Club Mahindra, subject to average editorial score being 5 or more. (Total Prizes : 2)
- Participants who submit the best entry on the theme given will win a 2N/3D holiday trip by Club Mahindra under each participant category. (Total Prizes : 3)
- There are no restrictions on genre.
- The content has to be submitted through contest link only. Any submission made over email or as hard copy or without using the contest link will not be eligible for entry.
- Participants should submit their original work. Any plagiarized content will be immediately removed and participant can be blocked on StoryMirror.
- There is no limit on the number of contents one can submit.
- The decision of StoryMirror will be final and binding on all the participants.
- Articles / Essays are not allowed for submission.
- There is no participation fee.
- Any tax or other liabilities or charges payable to the government or any other statutory authority / body or any participating establishment, which may arise or accrue to the participant(s) due to provision of the contest, shall be borne solely by the participant(s). Tax deducted at source, if applicable, on the monetary value of the contest shall be payable by the participant(s).
- The prize(s) is non-transferable, non-binding, non-redeemable and non-encashable. The prize(s) cannot be clubbed with any other offer.
- If a prize (or part of a prize) is unavailable, StoryMirror, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute, without any notice, the original prize (or that part of the prize) with an alternative prize of equal monetary value and/or specification, unless to do so would be prohibited by law.
- All images / visuals of the prize in the communications are indicative only.
- StoryMirror reserves the right to modify / change all or any of the Terms and Conditions contained herein as per its discretion without assigning any reasons or without any prior intimation / notice whatsoever. Any changes made to the rules shall be posted and notified in the Rules section of this Website.
- StoryMirror or its affiliates will not be liable in any manner whatsoever for any loss / damage / claim / injury that may arise due to withdrawal or change in the Terms and Conditions of the contest or prize(s).
- The Contest should not be used for promotion of business and/or any commercial solicitation by the Participant(s).
- The Participant is requested to not submit / post any spam, foul, indecent, threatening, discriminatory, vulgar and/or any such entry which is against public morality, as the same may lead to disqualification. Such decisions of disqualification shall be at the sole discretion of StoryMirror.
- The content of all entries submitted is the sole liability of each Participant. StoryMirror is providing the platform for the writers and is not responsible for the contents.
- The points for likes, comments and user ratings will be counted till the last day of voting.
- A participant should have a minimum editor score of 5 in order to be eligible for the winner category in the Literature Masters Award.
- The Participant(s) agrees and consents to indemnify StoryMirror for any intellectual property rights infringement claim related to or arising out of the entries submitted by them and use of the same by StoryMirror & their affiliates thereof.
- The Participant(s) hereby grants exclusive license to use any content and images submitted in the contest including right of reproduction, in any format, with/without modifications to StoryMirror, sponsors of the contest, its affiliates and/or any representative of StoryMirror.
- Participants agree that personal information may be processed, shared and otherwise used for the purposes and within the context of the contest and any other purposes outlined in these clauses. The data may also be used by StoryMirror in order to verify the participant’s identity, postal address, and telephone number or to otherwise verify the participant’s eligibility to participate in the contest.
- StoryMirror reserves the right of reproduction of the contest entries submitted by the Participants in all media, including any online and offline communication / events, without any prior consent of the Participant(s).
- StoryMirror will not be liable for the Prizes offered by third parties or brands.
- Participants agree to all Terms & conditions of the competition and grant explicit consent to receive communication from StoryMirror, sponsors of the contest, its affiliates and/or any representative of StoryMirror.
Terms and conditions for Club Mahindra Holiday Voucher:
- This Holiday Voucher is valid only in the following resorts of Mahindra Holidays & Resorts India Limited (Club Mahindra) :: Allepey, Acacia Palms (Goa), Baiguney, Binsar-Valley, Binsar-Villa, Coorg-Madikeri, Corbett, Derby Green Ooty, Danish Villa Ooty, Dharamshala, Gangtok, Gir, Goa-Emerald Palms, Hatgad, Jaisalmar, Jodhpur, Kanatal, Kandhaghat, Kanha, Kodaikanal, Kumarakom, Kumbhalgarh, Le Poshe-Kodaikanal, Manali, Mashobra (Shimla), Lake View -Munnar, Mount Serene Munnar, Mussoorie, Nadiad, Naldhera, Naukuchiatal, Puducherry, Poovar, Thekkady, Udaipur, Virajpet, White Meadows Manali & Yercaud.
- Club Mahindra Holidays reserves its right to add to or remove any Resort/s from the above list at its sole discretion without any advance intimation/notification. An updated List shall be displayed at the holiday voucher redemption page (http://giftvoucher.clubmahindra.com/gvredeem). The enumeration of any Resort in the above list does not guarantee a booking against requisition.
- The holiday voucher can be availed only in the following periods 5th January to 12th April, 18th June to 15th October, 22nd October to 1st November & 18th November to 20th December.
- Reservations for Club Mahindra Resorts are open only 4 months in advance and availability can be checked online using the redemption code. All the bookings are on first – come- first – serve basis and subject to availability.
- Availability of Resort & Apartment is subject to change from time to time and can be confirmed basis real-time online availability as and when you login for the purposes of the seeking Booking.
- Accommodation will be provided free of cost basis apartment category reserved only to the number of individual as permissible and provided for in the given apartment category no further accompanying guests shall be allowed. All other costs, including but not limited to cost of travel, meals, taxes (including luxury tax where applicable) and cost of using various services and facilities at the above mentioned resorts, will have to be borne by the bearer of the Holiday Voucher.
- There shall be a cover charge of Rs1000/- per night totaling to Rs.2000/- for 2Nights / 3 days ,& this be would adjusted in the bills at the time of check-out.
- The Booking should be confirmed within the validity period.
- Club Mahindra shall provide alternate accommodation, if for some reason, it is unable to provide holiday after issuance of confirmation voucher in the allotted resort.
- An Electronic Confirmation Voucher (e-CV) would be sent to your email address registered with us within an hour from the time of booking.
- To honour your reservation, Please carry the Confirmation Voucher with a valid government photo identity proof at the time of check-in at the resort.
- This Holiday voucher is non-transferable, non- exchangeable for cash and valid for only use Confirmation Voucher (CV).Holidays once confirmed cannot be cancelled or deferred or gifted. The stay under Holiday Voucher cannot be clubbed with any other GV / Offer / Facility / Right