IDS is proud to present The Social Network in partnership with Teach For India. This initiative is a bridge that connects the youth to various social causes that surround us. Aligning with our organisation’s motto, this project aims at creating knowledge and awareness amongst the youth, of the persisting societal issues utilising dialogue, deliberation and resolution. Our goal is to collaborate with a non-profit organisation that is actively working on one of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations and help them achieve their objectives with the help of our youth’s vision.
This project will take place in the form of an article writing competition spanning over 3 months. As we know, the pandemic has disrupted the education system for children. It is high time for the youth to come up with resolutions that will help overcome or leverage the impact of the pandemic. Hence, this year we are targeting Sustainable Development Goal 4 – Quality Education.
Theme: Sustainable Development Goal 4 – Quality Education
- Interpreting the role of teachers in building safe and inclusive learning spaces for children.
- Strengthening the public education system in post-pandemic India.
- Inclusion of climate change education in the Indian academic curriculum.
Eligibility: Anyone from the age group of 15 – 25 years can apply irrespective of their educational background.
What do you have to do?
– Our proud partner Teach for India has provided the participants with a topic and a set of sub-topics revolving around SDG 4 and their own set of objectives.
– Participants need to choose any one sub-topic, based on which they shall arrive at a feasible set of resolutions.
– This set of resolutions will be presented in the form of a well-researched article whose format you can find below, with a clear set of rules and guidelines. Participants would need to make sure that their proposal is practical, viable, and aligns with SDG 4 and Teach for India’s objectives.
– The participants who will successfully build an effective resolution according to the guidelines will be announced as winners.
What’s in it for you?
– An opportunity for all authors to publish their opinions on reputed platforms and ideate solutions for the persisting issues surrounding children’s education in India.
– All the authors get a digital certificate and a token of appreciation issued by IDS, mentioning the title partner ‘Teach for India’ and prestigious collaborators, along with volunteering opportunities.
– The winner and two runners-up shall be awarded cash prizes, exclusive gift vouchers, and exciting opportunities from our esteemed collaborators. They shall be also be getting an internship opportunity with IDS Mumbai or with the fellow collaborators of this project and additional benefits provided by them.
– 10 honorable mentions shall be given to authors who will get a chance to publish their articles on our website and get a shout-out on our social media platforms
How to participate?
Go through the eligibility criteria (15-25 years). Research, brainstorm and arrive at a set of solutions that could help Teach For India achieve its objectives in a significant manner.
– Register for this competition by clicking here. The last date for the registration is 6th September 2021.
– Submit your article via email to [email protected] by 6th October 2021.
– The winners will be decided by Teach For India and IDS Mumbai.
Refer to the button below, to get a clear understanding of the format and guidelines to get started with your article.