Submissions are invited for Dance to the Rhythm of Your Heart-IKS Traditional Dance Competition by MyGov for the year 2022. The last date of submission is 27 July.
Bharat has been the land of rich and diverse dance traditions from classical to folk forms of expression. Each of the dance styles reflects the culture of its community and its region through stories, music and colorful costumes. Many of these dances also serve to inculcate a sense of innate rhythm and discipline in its practitioners and act as a medium for transmitting values and their cultural heritage to their successive generations.
The Traditional Dance competition, being organized by the IKS Division of the Ministry of Education at AICTE, is your opportunity to enchant your viewers around the world your movements, expressions and rhythms.
This competition is strictly for school children from Classes 6 to 9.
- Prepare a short video (2-5 mins) of a traditional dance form that you are presenting from your region.
- Submit the video with a short introduction of yourself with an explanation of what you are performing.
- Write a brief description (Minimum 200 words- maximum 500 words)explaining it further, so that friends from other parts of the country and the world can experience the beauty of this art form.
- The length of the video should strictly be between 2-5 minutes, including the beginning and end credits.
- The video can be in either colour or monochrome in time-lapse/normal mode.
- The video has to be shot in HD format within the ratio 16:9 in Horizontal format.
- The video should begin with an introduction which includes your name, age, class and school. Tell us about the traditional dance form, its history, what is so special about it and who taught it to you. In the credits section at the end include the names of your teacher and production assistants.
- The accompanying text should explain in greater detail what you have said in the video.
Last Date of Submission is 27th July 2022.
Interested candidates can submit entries via this page.