Scholarship Programme for Diaspora Children (SPDC) 2021-22 is a scholarship scheme being implemented by the Ministry of External Affairs to assist children of Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) and Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) pursue undergraduate courses in Indian Universities and Institutions. The selected students will be awarded 75% of the Institutional Economic Cost (IEC), subject to a maximum of USD 4,000 per annum.
To be eligible, an applicant:
- Must be a ward of Person of Indian Origin (PIO)/OCI, or
- Must be a ward of Non-resident Indian (NRI), or
- Must be a ward of Indian Workers in ECR countries studying outside India (ECR based outside India), or
- Must be a ward of Indian Workers in ECR countries studying in India (ECR based in India)
- Must have passed class 12 board examination with a minimum aggregate score of 60% marks or equivalent
- Must not receive any scholarship sponsored or funded by the State Government or Central Government
Selected students will receive financial assistance as given hereunder:
- In the first year, partial financial assistance of 75% of the total of the Institutional Economic Cost (IEC), subject to a maximum of USD 4,000 per annum will be given (whichever is lower).
- In the second and subsequent year, partial assistance of 75% of the total of the Institutional Economic Cost (IEC) or USD 4,000 per annum (whichever is lower) will be given to the students who scored 50% marks cumulatively.
- If the students scored less than 50% but have obtained passing marks in all the subjects, they are entitled to receive 90% of the scholarship.
- If the students do not securely pass marks in all subjects but have been promoted to the next academic year by the University/Institute, they will receive 50% of the scholarship.
Note: IEC comprises Tuition Fee, Hostel Accommodation Fee, Examination Charges, Registration Charges, and other Institutional Charges (except food).
- Self-attested salary certificate of the parents from the employer based in a foreign country
- Admission letter issued by the institution
- PIO card or OCI card issued by the Government of India
- Academic transcripts of marks/grades secured in the qualifying examination (Note: For PIO/NRI/OCI,
- provide transcripts of class 11 and 12 both)
- Passport size photograph as specified below –
- Width: 100 px to 200 px
- Height: 120 px to 230 px
- Dimension: 200 x 230 pixels (preferred)
- Size of File: 20 to 50 KB
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship by following the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Click on the “Apply Now” button below and read all details.
Step 2: Click on the “Registration” tab for new registration.
Step 3: Use the registered email address & password to log in.
Step 4: Login and fill the form.
The selection of the candidates will be exclusively based on their academic merit.
Terms and Conditions
- If the student is unable to pass in all the subjects, he/she would not be able to receive any scholarship amount further.
- If the student is selected for the scholarship, he/she has to provide the fee receipts for the sanction of the scholarship on the basis of which they will receive an offer letter.